FAQs "Safe Expo" Hygiene Concept
What are the rules for visitors?
According to the latest Corona Protection Ordinance issued by the State Government of Saxony, there are no longer any restrictions. However, this may vary depending on the event. Please check the event website for details on the regulations.
Please refrain from attending the event if you have any symptoms of illness.
If possible, keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres.
What are the rules for exhibitors? Do the same rules apply to visitors?
The current occupational safety ordinance "SARS-CoV-2-Arbeitsschutzverordnung" (in German only) and the Leipziger Messe "Safe Expo" (PDF, 196 kB) hygiene concept are binding for exhibitors and staff members. Please note that it is the responsibility of exhibitors to ensure that the hygiene and protection regulations are observed at their stand.
Do masks have to be worn on the exhibition premises?
There is no general obligation to wear a face mask on the exhibition premises. However, this may vary depending on the event. Please check the website for your event to find out which regulations apply.
It is recommended to wear a mouth-nose covering whenever the minimum distance is not observed.
How can social distancing be maintained?
- We use floor markings and directional signage systems to ensure compliance with social distancing regulations and avoid bunching in queues. This is particularly the case in checkout and entrance areas, cloakrooms and catering facilities.
- Entrance and exit areas have been separated. The main aisles at trade fairs have been widened.
- The number of people using the lifts at any one time is restricted.
- The number of chairs at lectures will be determined according to the relevant 7-day incidence or warning level. Overall, the number of people in any lecture room may not exceed the number of chairs available.
What should I do if I contract COVID-19 after visiting an event at Leipziger Messe?
Please inform the public health office immediately. All necessary measures will then be taken.
Tickets / admissions
Is my ticket only valid on a certain day?
Please visit the event website for more information.
Are there access restrictions? Can the trade fair grounds be shut down or closed at short notice?
- To ensure social distancing, there is a maximum number of people allowed on the trade fair grounds at any one time. The number of visitors is overseen and regulated using technical equipment.
- Since tickets are only available online and in advance, it is possible to estimate the number of visitors in advance and adapt the concept for entry and duration of visits accordingly.
- We are not expecting long waiting times or closure of the trade fair grounds.
Travel regulations for entry into Germany
What do I need to know when entering Germany?
When entering the country, please be aware of the following:
- Exhibitors and visitors entering from countries outside the EU** who are not vaccinated with a WHO-approved vaccine are required to show proof of trade fair participation.
- The federal government no longer classifies any countries as COVID-19 high-risk areas. As a result, there is no longer any obligation to quarantine or register when entering the country from high-risk areas.
- Some airlines have individual requirements.
- A quarantine is required when entering from a so-called area of variant of concern.
- Only individuals who have been fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved vaccine (Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen, Novavax, Sinova, Sinopharm, Coronavac, Covaxin and Convidecia; last updated June 2022) are considered vaccinated.
* Documents will be accepted in German, English, Spanish, Italian or French
** EU as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
When using local public transport travelers all over Germany have to wear a mask.
Detailed information is available at: www.leipziger-messe.de/safeexpo_en
The latest information on safety measures for each event can be found on the event's website.
Last updated: June 2022