FAQs Leipziger Messe “Safe Expo” Hygiene Concept for Safe Events
Which basic measures are included in the hygiene concept?
Contact tracing / registration
To ensure contact tracing, all persons – exhibitors, visitors, service personnel etc. – must be digitally registered at the Leipziger Messe ticket shop when entering the grounds.
Surname, first name, telephone number and e-mail address as well as postal address are recorded. At the event, visitors' tickets are scanned to record the duration of each stay.
For the protection of all involved, persons will only be admitted to events if they can show proof of a negative rapid antigen test from a testing centre (not older than 24 hours), complete vaccination or recovery. (Children under 6 are exempt from testing. Pupils who are tested while attending school may use this proof for admission. The proof must be up to date for the week and must be proven by an appropriate document.)
A protective medical mouth and nose mask must be worn within the grounds. (Children under 6 are exempt from wearing a mask).
Our events are designed so that a minimum distance of 1.5 metres can be observed at all times.
What are the rules for exhibitors? Do the same rules apply to exhibitors?
During events, the rules of Leipziger Messe hygiene concept apply to all participants (exhibitors, visitors, service personnel, employees).
During construction and disassembly, the Workplace Ordinance (Arbeitsstättenverordnung) is valid.
Is it compulsory to wear a mask within the grounds?
Yes. At trade fairs, it is compulsory to wear a mask everywhere within the grounds. Visitors can remove masks when staying in one place, eating at a catering facility or in meetings at the exhibition stands, as long as these take place at designated seating areas.
How can social distancing be maintained?
- We use floor markings and directional signage systems to ensure compliance with social distancing regulations and avoid bunching in queues. This is particularly the case in checkout and entrance areas, cloakrooms and catering facilities.
- Entrance and exit areas have been separated. The main aisles at trade fairs have been widened.
- The number of people using the lifts at any one time is restricted.
- The number of chairs at lectures will be determined according to the relevant 7-day incidence or warning level. Overall, the number of people in any lecture room may not exceed the number of chairs available.
What should I do if I contract COVID-19 after visiting an event at Leipziger Messe?
Please inform the public health office immediately. All necessary measures will then be taken.
Tickets / admissions
What do I need for entry to the trade fair grounds?
- The "3G rule" (fully vaccinated, fully recovered or recently tested) applies and it is compulsory to wear a mask. There will be checks on entry as well as within the trade fair grounds.
- If the overstrain level has not come into effect, then a rapid test from an official testing site (not older than 24 hours) is sufficient.
- If the overstrain level is reached, then participants must be fully vaccinated or recovered ("2G rule") or be able to show a valid PCR test (not older than 48 hours).
Information on the overstrain level
According to the latest Corona Protection Ordinance, there are now warning levels related to incidence levels and hospital bed capacity. Should the highest state health authority declare the overstrain level, there will continue to be contact tracing, compulsory masks and social distancing. IN ADDITION, the "2G rule", which requires participants to be vaccinated, recovered or PCR-tested within the last 48 hours, will then come into effect, making the entry stricter than with the "3G rule".
Do the restrictions on admissions also apply to children?
Children under 6 are exempt from the "3G rule" and from wearing a mask.
Are the weekly school tests accepted as evidence?
Pupils who are tested as part of their school attendance can use this proof as a substitute for a negative antigen rapid test (not older than 24 hours) or PCR test (not older than 48 hours) for admission. The proof must be current to the week and must be verified via an appropriate document .
Is my ticket only valid on a certain day?
Please visit the event website for more information.
Are there access restrictions? Can the trade fair grounds be shut down or closed at short notice?
- To ensure social distancing, there is a maximum number of people allowed on the trade fair grounds at any one time. The number of visitors is overseen and regulated using technical equipment.
- Since tickets are only available online and in advance, it is possible to estimate the number of visitors in advance and adapt the concept for entry and duration of visits accordingly.
- We are not expecting long waiting times or closure of the trade fair grounds.
Is there a testing centre on the trade fair grounds?
Detailed information is available at: www.leipziger-messe.de/safeexpo
The latest information on safety measures for each event can be found on the event's website.
Last updated: September 2021