"Safe Expo" Hygiene Concept
"Safe Expo" is for the protection of all participants – exhibitors, visitors, organisers and service personnel – at events taking place at Leipziger Messe locations.
We have developed our "Safe Expo" hygiene concept for the protection of all participants including exhibitors, visitors, organisers and service personnel. "Safe Expo" is continuously updated to comply with the latest legal requirements. We remain in regular contact with the authorities. Please visit the homepage of your event for details on the regulations.
The Corona Emergency Ordinance (in German only) has been in force in Saxony since 22 November 2021. According to the Corona Emergency Ordinance, events, trade fairs and congresses are not permitted up to and including 12 December 2021. We remain in regular contact with the authorities. Please visit the homepage of your event for more details.
Admission rules when the pre-warning level or overstrain level is in effect
To ensure contact tracing, all persons - exhibitors, visitors, service personnel etc. - must be digitally registered at the Leipziger Messe ticket shop when entering the grounds. Surname, first name, telephone number and e-mail address as well as postal address are recorded. At the event, visitors' tickets are scanned to record the duration of each stay.
2G rule" | PCR Test
For the protection of all involved, persons will only be admitted to events if they can show proof of complete vaccination or recovery ("2G rule"). Proof of a negative PCR test result (not older than 48 hours) is also permissible. (Children under 6 are exempt from testing.
A protective medical mouth and nose mask must be worn within the grounds. (Children under 6 are exempt from wearing a mask).
Our events are designed so that a minimum distance of 1.5 metres can be observed at all times.
- The highest state health authority is responsible for announcing the change to pre-warning level or overstrain level.
- Leipziger Messe does not have its own testing centre. You can find an overview of the testing centres on the City of Leipzig website .
Construction and Disassembly
The current occupational safety ordinance "SARS-CoV-2-Arbeitsschutzverordnung" (in German only) and the Leipziger Messe "Safe Expo" hygiene concept are binding for stand construction companies and all other businesses providing event services. Please note that it is the responsibility of exhibitors to ensure that the hygiene and protection regulations are observed at their stand.
To ensure contact tracing, all persons – exhibitors, visitors, service personnel etc. – must be digitally registered at the Leipziger Messe Ticket Shop when entering the grounds. Surname, first name, telephone number and e-mail address as well as postal address are recorded. Tickets are scanned to record the duration of each stay.
A protective medical mouth and nose mask must be worn within the grounds.
A minimum distance of 1.5 metres is to be observed.
On the Grounds of the Leipziger Messe
- Hand disinfectant dispensers are located throughout the grounds of the Leipziger Messe, both in the entrance and exit areas and in front of the sanitary facilities.
- Bathrooms, contact surfaces and objects are cleaned and disinfected with increased frequency during events. The cleaning is regularly quality controlled.
- Contactless payment is possible in many areas, including trade fair restaurants and bistros. Most checkouts are equipped with EC/credit card terminals.
- The buildings are fitted with very efficient ventilation systems. These are being operated with an increased volume of outside air. This enables the continuous exchange of air in the exhibition halls.
- Employees receive regular training. All of them have undergone a risk assessment based on SARS-CoV-2 occupational safety standards and respective measures have been put in place.
- We of course continuously monitor the implementation of the measures.
- Exhibitors can find more detailed information on stand construction and stand catering here.
While Participating in Events
- We use floor markings and directional signage systems to ensure compliance with social distancing regulations and avoid bunching in queues. They are particularly prominent at service points (ticket offices, cloakrooms, catering areas) and in the entrance areas.
- To comply with social distancing regulations we have separate entrance and exit areas. The main aisles at trade fairs have been widened.
- The number of people using the lifts at any one time is restricted.
- In the sanitary facilities, paper towels are provided and disinfectant dispensers are available.
- The number of chairs at lectures will be determined according to the "Regulations for Access According to the 7-Day Incidence" (see above). Overall, the number of people in any lecture room may not exceed the number of chairs available.
- We will draw attention to all measures at the exhibition centre with the necessary frequency and in a suitable form (including posters, notices, flyers, loudspeaker announcements).
- Please remember that anyone suspected of having COVID-19 will unfortunately not be permitted to enter.
We recommend using the Federal Government's Corona-Warn-App.
Registering for a Trade Fair or Event
- Please read our information in advance. Before the start of the event, we will inform all visitors, exhibitors and service providers about the required hygiene measures and any necessary restrictions on the number of participants.
- Visitors can only buy tickets online in advance via our ticket shop. This avoids long waiting times at the ticket offices. Where necessary, tickets will be issued on-site at an allocated time to avoid breaching social distancing rules.
- We are obliged to register all visitors. Registration will include your name, surname, email address or phone number and your address. Entry and exit times are recorded as part of the entry control at the entrances. This means that anyone present at the same time can be contacted for follow-up in case of a possible infection.
Arrival and Departure
- Transport companies are made aware of events in advance to help them plan schedules and vehicle deployment.
- We remain in close contact with the public transport system regarding routing between stops and entrance areas.
- If you arrive by car, please make sure you have the correct change for the parking fee.
Catering at the Trade Fair
- The current Corona Protection Ordinance also applies to restaurants, bistros and catering services on the exhibition grounds.
- Separate hygiene concepts will be drawn up in accordance with the specific regulations for catering services. We are following solutions currently used in the catering industry (in German only).
- Physical separation within catering facilities, as well as the availability of takeaway options, ensure our compliance with the applicable rules.
- Service staff all wear mouth and nose coverings. Serving areas are equipped with transparent partition walls made of glass or plastic.
- Disinfection sprays are also provided in the catering area.
- The Leipziger Messe GmbH technical guidelines (PDF, 590 kB) remain unchanged.
- Exhibitors can find more information on catering here.
Stand Construction: Recommendations for Exhibitors
- Please plan your exhibition stand to allow room for movement and to ensure that a minimum distance of 1.5 meters can be maintained between any two people at all times. In our experience, the use of floor markings is helpful for this.
- Avoid enclosed areas, doors, door handles and closed ceilings wherever possible. This helps to ensure adequate ventilation.
- Please take hygiene protection into consideration: contact surfaces (e.g. door handles, table surfaces, handrails) should have smooth, easy-to-clean surfaces and must be cleaned regularly. A normal household cleaner will do. Devices with touch screens must be disinfected after every use.
- Please provide hand disinfectant at your stand.
- Please designate a specific employee to be responsible for compliance with hygiene and health protection measures. It would be helpful if you could document your hygiene measures and have this documentation available at your stand.
The current occupational safety ordinance "SARS-CoV-2-Arbeitsschutzverordnung" (in German only) and the Leipziger Messe "Safe Expo" hygiene concept are binding for stand construction companies and all other businesses providing event services. Please note that it is the exhibitors' responsibility to ensure that the hygiene and protection regulations are observed at their stand.
The Leipziger Messe GmbH technical guidelines (PDF, 590 kB) remain unchanged.
Stand Catering: Recommendations for Our Exhibitors
- Food and drinks should only be served by service or buffet staff. Wherever employees are to hand these out, they are required to observe the infection prevention measures and should be trained accordingly.
- Service personnel and staff at the food and drink counters should be separated from other persons at the stand by transparent protective screens.
- Contact surfaces (e.g. chairs, table surfaces, menus) should have smooth, easy-to-clean surfaces and must be cleaned after every guest. Common household cleaners are sufficient.
- Only provide milk, sugar, stirrers, cutlery, napkins, biscuits, chocolate etc. if they are individually packaged for self-service.
- Offer only packaged food. Avoid fresh and unpackaged goods.
- Use disposable crockery and cutlery. When using reusable crockery and cutlery, make sure that it is washed at a minimum of 60°C and dried completely.
Please note that it is the responsibility of exhibitors to ensure that the hygiene and protection regulations are observed at their stand.
The Leipziger Messe GmbH technical guidelines (PDF, 590 kB) remain unchanged.
fairgourmet will gladly advise you on all measures. Reusable crockery and cutlery including a dishwashing service can be ordered through them: www.fairgourmet.de
You can find questions and answers on our "Safe Expo" hygiene concept and how to safely organise events at Leipziger Messe in the FAQs:
- World Health Organisation: www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-emergencies/coronavirus-covid-19
- Robert Koch Institute: www.rki.de
- Federal Ministry of Health: www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de
- Corona - Saxon State Government: www.coronavirus.sachsen.de
- AUMA - Association of the German Trade Fair Industry: www.auma.de/de/medien/meldungen/corona-virus
Last updated: November 2021