Hygiene Concept "Safe Expo"
"Safe Expo" to Protect Participants at Trade Fairs and Congresses, Conferences and Exhibitions
Trade fairs and congresses, conferences and exhibitions are able to take place on-site once again!
This is amazing news for all exhibitors, visitors and business partners. After a long period of closure due to the pandemic, urgently needed face-to-face meetings can at last once again take place on-site. We are able to reopen thanks to the latest Corona Protection Ordinance (CSV / in German only) issued by the state government of Saxony.
We are looking forward to being able to welcome you to our exhibition grounds once more.
Of course, we remain unchanged in our concern for your health. Our "Safe Expo" hygiene concept was developed in 2020 and has been successfully put in place at numerous trade fairs, congresses, conferences and exhibitions.
"Safe Expo" is being continuously adapted to comply with the latest legal requirements. We remain in regular contact with the authorities.
You can find an overview of the measures included in "Safe Expo" here:
On the Grounds of the Leipziger Messe
- Hand disinfectant dispensers are located throughout the grounds of the Leipziger Messe, both in the entrance and exit areas and in front of the sanitary facilities.
- Bathrooms, contact surfaces and objects are cleaned and disinfected with increased frequency during events. The cleaning is regularly quality controlled.
- Contactless payment is possible in many areas, including trade fair restaurants and bistros. Most checkouts are equipped with EC/credit card terminals.
- The buildings are fitted with very efficient ventilation systems. These are being operated with an increased volume of outside air. This enables continuous exchange of air in the exhibition halls.
- Hygiene regulations supplement the technical guidelines for the construction and operation of the exhibition stands.
- Employees receive regular training. All of them have undergone a risk assessment based on SARS-CoV-2 occupational safety standards and respective measures have been put in place.
- Naturally, we continuously monitor the implementation of the measures.
- Exhibitors can find more detailed information on stand construction and stand catering here.
While Attending an Event
- Please have proof of your negative test result (less than 24 hours old), full vaccination or a positive antibody test ready at the entrance. These measures are designed to protect all visitors.
- We thank you for understanding that a surgical mask must be worn within the indoor areas of the exhibition centre.
- Floor markings and route guidance systems are in use. These enable the enforcement of 1,5 metre social distancing rules and avoid bunching in queues. They are particularly prominent at service points (ticket offices, cloakrooms, catering areas) and in the entrance areas.
- To comply with social distancing regulations we have separate entrance and exit areas. The main exhibition aisles at our trade fairs have been extended to a minimum width of 4 metres.
- Use of the lifts is unfortunately restricted to ensure compliance with social distancing rules, and there is a limited number of persons allowed in the sanitary facilities. Paper towels will be available. Dispensers for hand disinfectant are provided.
- Chairs will be spaced out at presentations to ensure compliance with the 1.5 metre social distancing rules. Visitors can also wear FFP2 masks instead of spacing out the chairs. The number of visitors in a room may not exceed the number of seats available.
- We will draw attention to all measures at the exhibition centre with the necessary frequency and in a suitable form (including posters, notices, flyers, loudspeaker announcements).
- Please remember that anyone suspected of having COVID-19 will unfortunately not be permitted to enter.
We recommend using the Federal Government's Corona-Warn-App.
Registering for a Trade Fair or Event
- Please read our information in advance. Before the start of the event, we will inform all visitors, exhibitors and service providers about the required hygiene measures and any necessary restrictions on the number of participants.
- Visitors can only buy tickets online in advance via our ticket shop. This avoids long waiting times at the ticket offices. Where necessary, tickets will be issued on-site at an allocated time to avoid breaching social distancing rules.
- We are obliged to register all visitors. Registration will include your name, surname, email address or phone number and your address. Entry and exit times are recorded as part of the access control at the entrances. This means that anyone present at the same time can be contacted for follow-up in case of a possible infection.
Arrival and Departure
- Transport companies are made aware of events in advance to help them plan schedules and vehicle deployment.
- We remain in close contact with the public transport system regarding routing between stops and entrance areas.
- If you arrive by car, please make sure you have the correct change for the parking fee.
Catering at the Trade Fair
- The current Corona Protection Ordinance also applies to restaurants, bistros and catering services at the exhibition grounds.
- Separate hygiene concepts will be drawn up in accordance with the specific regulations for catering services. We are following solutions currently used in the catering industry.
- Physical separation within catering facilities as well as the availability of takeaway options ensure our compliance with the applicable rules.
- Service staff all wear mouth and nose coverings. Serving areas are equipped with transparent partition walls made of glass or plastic.
- Disinfection sprays are also provided in the catering area.The Leipziger Messe GmbH technical guidelines remain unchanged.Exhibitors can find more information on catering here.
- The Leipziger Messe GmbH technical guidelines (PDF, 590 kB) remain unchanged.
- Exhibitors can find more information on catering here .
Recommendations for Exhibitors
Stand Construction: Recommendations for Exhibitors
- Please plan your exhibition stand to allow room for movement and to ensure that a minimum distance of 1.5 meters can be maintained between any two people at all times. In our experience, using floor markings is helpful for this.
- Avoid enclosed areas, doors, door handles and closed ceilings wherever possible. This helps to ensure adequate ventilation.
- Please take hygiene protection into consideration: contact surfaces (e.g. door handles, table surfaces, handrails) should have smooth, easy-to-clean surfaces and must be cleaned regularly. A normal household cleaner will do. Devices with touch-screens must be disinfected after every use.
- Please provide hand disinfectant at your stand.
- Please designate a specific employee to be responsible for compliance with hygiene and health protection measures. It would be helpful if you could document your hygiene measures and have this documentation available at your stand.
The current occupational safety ordinance "SARS-CoV-2-Arbeitsschutzverordnung" and the Leipziger Messe "Safe Expo" hygiene concept are binding for stand construction companies and all other businesses providing event services. Please note that it is the exhibitors' responsibility to ensure that the hygiene and protection regulations are observed at their stand.
The Leipziger Messe GmbH technical guidelines (PDF, 590 kB) remain unchanged.
Stand Catering: Recommendations for Our Exhibitors
- Food and drinks should only be served by service or buffet staff. Wherever employees are to hand these out, they are required to observe the infection prevention measures and should be trained accordingly.
- Service personnel and staff at the food and drink counters should be separated from other persons at the stand by transparent protective screens.
- Contact surfaces (e.g. chairs, table surfaces, menus) should have smooth, easy-to-clean surfaces and must be cleaned after every guest. Common household cleaners are sufficient.
- Only provide milk, sugar, stirrers, cutlery, napkins, biscuits, chocolate etc. if they are individually packaged for self-service.
- Offer only packaged food. Avoid fresh and unpackaged goods.
- Use disposable crockery and cutlery. When using reusable crockery and cutlery, make sure that it is washed at least 60°C and dried completely.
Please note that it is the exhibitors' responsibility to ensure that the hygiene and protection regulations are observed at their stand.
The Leipziger Messe GmbH technical guidelines (PDF, 590 kB) remain unchanged.
fairgourmet will gladly advise you on all measures. Reusable crockery and cutlery including a dishwashing service can be ordered through them: www.fairgourmet.de
- World Health Organisation: www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-emergencies/coronavirus-covid-19
- Robert Koch Institute: www.rki.de
- Federal Ministry of Health: www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de
- Corona - Saxon State Government: www.coronavirus.sachsen.de
- AUMA - Association of the German Trade Fair Industry: www.auma.de/de/medien/meldungen/corona-virus
Status: June 2021